• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KryoTech SuperG(1) Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xuri Dabur

I have a KryoTech SuperG running an AMD Athlon 700@1000mhz (I think heh). Which is very nice and jolly and whatnot. But I have a major problem, which I have so far been unable to solve...

First the KryoTech cools the processor down to -45 degrees celcius before the computer gets turned on.. and that part seems to work just fine. But when the computer has been running for a minute or two, the temperature starts rising, by like 2-4 degrees every 2 seconds or something, all the way up to -18 Celcius - at which point the KryoTech automaticly turns off the computer and gives me a "REBOOT" message in the LED Display.

I have limited experience with this system, as I have only recently gotten hold of it (used), and I'm wondering if anyone here have any idea why this happens/how it can be fixed (if it can).

my guess is that your system is putting out too much heat... How is your insulation around your chip? I think that is basically the reason that direct die phase change cooling is not my personal preference, that is there is really no reservoir, and the temperatures fluctuate... Solution: try cooling off the condenser and/or compressor with more air getting to it. A good understanding of the whole refrigeration process would help you to tweak the system I believe. Also try insulating your chip and/or any surrounding parts of the refrigeration system that may be losing heat. Basically, just try to keep anything cool cold, and anything warm, get it cold. cheapo heatsinks attached to your compressor (if it gets hot) will help cool it down). Otherwise stick some more fans in there and make sure it is breathing enough. Best, Bill

Roger that. The compressor is very hot, and I actually tried cooling it down with a huge table-fan heh.. I THOUGHT it stayed up for longer, but it might just have been an illusion - because the time that passes before temperature rises isn't static.(Yet always happens within a few minutes).

I'll try to cool of the various parts that get hot some more though, and see if it helps.

Btw, how would I find out if there's a leakage somewhere in the KryoTech cooler?

Ack. After trying to cool the thing down with two big fans blowing cold air, 3 case-fans, open window & whatnot - it stayed up for 5 minutes.

But there has to be another problem with this, because I don't think the KryoTech was designed to only work if you happen to have even more cooling lying around you could use to cool the cooler with.. :/

I'm really stumped on this.

Back