• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my pc2700 wtf??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh yeah i have a gigabyte 7vrxp DDR333 board....its set at 333 in the bios

silvershad0w said:
As you pump up your FSB on that board, as you approach 166FSB or start running into problems, set the mem back down to 266 to sync it w/ the FSB to help w/ any potential problems you might run into there. Otherwise, run it at the multiplied setting of 333 as long as you can, of course.

hi sorry, can you explain more? I'm stuck in fsb144, cannot go further, Win98SE refuse to load. AXP still locked.
I see that you also use GA-7VRXP. thanx alot.

I think that its ur chip that is the limiting factor here, ur FSB can easily reach 166... but the chip can't do 12.5x166 = 2075MHz, so to be able to up the FSB some more, u need to unlock the CPU, lower the multiplier and up the FSB.

Your score is good for a 144MHz FSB. the DDR 333 mean the the memory module was designed to work at 166MHz (x2 = 333DDR), but that doesn't mean that it will run at that speed when u put it in, the CPUs default is 133.

silvershad0w said:
To clarify the earlier post:

Based on the BIOS setting for the memory clock speed on the GA-7VRXP, you can run the memory at 266 or 333 MHz. This option was provided so that you could run PC2100 (266Mhz DDR) on the board. Now, when you run the memory at 333, it is running at 2.5 x FSB which when un-overclocked equals 333Mhz. But, when you overclock the FSB, you can run into problems with the memory running at the '333' setting, because, as is in your case, you would be running the memory at 2.5 x 144 = 360 MHz. Most good PC2700 Should run at this without a problem, but if it is the cause of your problems, you can bump the BIOS setting down to 266Mhz. This would be running your memory at 2 x 144 = 288. which all PC2700 should run at very easily.

Thank you coolest and silvershad0w,
in my BIOS setting, the CAS is set to 2, so my memory should be running at 2x144=288. am I correct or missing the point here?

what about the vcore, vmem, and vAGP? as I reach the fsb144, I already up the vcore by +7.5% and the vmem by 0.1v. The most stable position is at +10% vcore adjustment. but I really don't like doing it. what do you think about it? that's all the settings we have in the GA-7VRXP right? I really should unlock the XP to gain more? actually I'm quite satisfied with the 2200+ achieved, if only I can maintain the stability. haven't got time to do all the benchmarking tests though...:(

Great! I'll try to set the CAS to 2.5. I thought by making it set to 2 will make the overall performance better (faster).

I'm not chasing for higher clock/speed only, and sacrifice system stability. but of course, why waste the ability to gain more speed from the cpu and the board itself?

7VXRP

I have major issues with this setup it seems that the 333 ram only registers at 266, i have Samsung PC2700.

The board will not register it at 2700 even when on relaxed timings and set to 333. As for the CPU the board should work at 333 with the CPU at 133 just fine. SO whats the story? Any solutions as i run a server off this board and i dont feel like pushing the CPU to 166, even though its OK at 2000+

KT333

I just set the FSB to 166 - 167 and the timing to 266 on the board and the AGP ran at 88 and PCI at 42. Booted into windows but it hung on the mem bench for sisandra nad then restarted itsself.

I think there is a bios fault, im using version f6 latest one.

I am so FU*ING ready to pour petrol on this thing and send it down the Nile. My 7DXR never gave me such sh1t.

Wants the deal guys????

Death

And another thing, when i set the ram to 333 or 266 on sisandra it gives me the worst scores ever, like Tbirs 1200 scores. Auto is the only decent score.

WHY O LORD WHY ME??? SUFFERING IS A HELL UNTO ITSELF

popadel,
you are not alone!
I have not upgraded my RAM yet but, it is the best PC2100 that Mushkin makes. Hi-perf 2-2-2.

I installed this new 7vrxp mobo & cpu last night no problems.
I used the most relaxed setting for RAM 266 freq 2.5Cl, etc.
However SiSSandra reboots my system when I run memory bandwidth test. grrrrrrrrr :mad:

I flashed my BIOS to F6 and the same thing occurs.

I emailed Mushkin to see if I can upgrade my RAm since I have only had it 5 weeks, what do you think they will say?

Even so, what the hell RAM do you have to buy to run a benchmark with this mobo?:eh?:

I'm going to post a question in the mobo thread asking if anyone with a GA-7VRXP could get the memory bandwidth test to run on Sandra.

Back