• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Debug the modem problem!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kendan

Senior Punk
Check this thread by Tbonz over at icrontic http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25860

It gives a link to the Debug program and directions how to set it up and what to do. This is only for dial up users. Here is a brief cut and paste. I suggest you check there thread if you need more info!!!!
As most of you know, there is a communication problem with Stanford's server's and dial-up internet connections. For the last week, Young Min from the Pande group and myself have been trying to pinpoint exactly where the problem lies.

Young Min has been writing Fah Debug programs and a couple of our members have already been running them to help come up with some clues to this phenomonem.

The reason for this thread is that the Pande group have decided to put more priority behind this, and what we need from you is your help in running these Debug program's intermittently and sending in the log's on completion.

Of course this is only subject to dialup so only dialup users can participate. You can d'load the debug here.

Here is the instructions for proper operation:

***Copy your entire current Folding directory to another place altogether so you can restore your original if things go wrong.***

1) Create a folding test directory.

2) Extract the zip file to this directory(Folding@Home is included inside the zip file.) It will generate client.cfg, queue.dat, work/, Core_65.exe, and DebugFAH2.exe .

3) Run DebugFAH2.exe . Included client.cfg should not modified, otherwise saved WUs will not be sent.

4) Send me your "fahlog.txt" via email.

If your original Folding directory was overwritten in any way, then simply re-copy your backup files into the your folding directory.

Your help is greatly appreciated and very much worth it!

Lets get this bug nailed:D Fold on!!!!!!!

Young min from Pande group has already posted a new dubug program it is
DubgFAH3 here is the email to send it too [email protected]

Tweaked! said:
Sorry Kendan, can't help ya with this one. I'm a broadband kinda guy;) . Just thought this could use a bump:D

Me too. But there are some of our members who might still be having the connection problem with Dialup. This is a good way to help Stanford fix the problem:D

my send_WU batch file gets the job done for me when my F@H queue gets pesky WUs in it. it attempts 30 times to send all WUs. i have dial-return satellite internet so it is 28.8 modem upload. only my main rig really ever has the problem. it is my fastest folder and my only system running XP. i run the bat program while the "real" F@H client folds.

I use a modem, and I have no problems. Should I still give it a try?

David said:
I use a modem, and I have no problems. Should I still give it a try?

Nope. It is for the people who are having the problems. The hope is to get the problem using the debug program that way they get more info about wwhy there is a problem!!!!!

Back