• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? for the watercooling freaks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RocknBull

Registered
Hello all

how many of ya leave the comp on 24/7

i'm going to give watercooling a try, i leave mine on 24/7
not sure about when i get it h2o cooled:beer:

You could set up a program like MBM to run a shutdown routine if temps get too high. Not sure how to do this, but someone here probably knows how to make a simple shutdown file that MBM could run. Then again, with a P4 it would only clock-throttle anyway.

alot of pond type pumps that are used in wc systems are made to run 24/7 for years, so I dont think a problem should be there.

Been running mine 24/7 for over a month now and no problems so far. In fact, its supposed to be more reliable than air cooling since even if the pump fails, the water still moves the heat away by boiling, and I've heard that you're fine for a few hours. But with air cooling, if the fan dies, within a few minutes you have a crispy CPU.

I have run 24/7 for over 6 months and have had no problems. I have had my pump break before, and also have run out of water, but azhari's right, as long as there is water in the system, it will get hot, but it won't fry your stuff for hours. I use a bong, so when the pump went out, so did the water, but my BIOS shut down at 95C. Thank you OC Gods! You can get a program called Shutdown now(?) for use with MBM, or you can write a tiny little .exe with C or VB. It's one line of code and about 4 lines of definitions in VB. I have a sample VB program that shuts down when you click a button, but it would be real easy to modify. Let me know if you want the code. I would even change it myself if you ask real nice when semester ends :)

I always keep the shut down in the bios to 65c or around there

so now i am looking around for the stuff for h2o
any good links?

dangerden.com if you dont plan on making your stuff, if yoru gonna buy all already made stuff...

they make top of the line stuff!

mite want to consider a gemini block, geminicool.com

Back