• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hercules radeon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

hey guys the hercules radeon 8500le looks pretty nice 4 the money so might get it. Hercules is ok right?

I think Newegg has a ATI built OEM card thats clocked faster at the same price.
The Herc is at 250/230 if I am not mistaken.
AKDUDE

I spoke with a Hercules Rep about 3 weeks ago, (when I RMA'd my GF2MX card from them) He told me they were getting away from the Nvidia chips because they didn't last as long as the ATI's.

I have replaced that GF2MX card every year on the year, for the last 3 years. :eek: Go figure. It gets expensive for a company to RMA a card every year. And for most of the cards? Geeez.

Just FYI.

:cool:

WarriorII, do you think that comment was because nVidia chips are really no good, Hercules has problems making the nVidia cards, or Hercules is trying to pump up their new line of cards?

It would seem that nVidia chips might not last as long because of the proliferation of tweaks like us pushing the cards to the limit, causing failure. This would be true then for all brands...

If Hercules is seeing an abnormal rate of RMA requests, then it might be THEIR problem, which would make me shy away from their products (I'm considering getting their gf3ti200).

I'm just curious...
cheers

do you think that comment was because nVidia chips are really no good, Hercules has problems making the nVidia cards, or Hercules is trying to pump up their new line of cards?

It would seem that nVidia chips might not last as long because of the proliferation of tweaks like us pushing the cards to the limit, causing failure. This would be true then for all brands...

If Hercules is seeing an abnormal rate of RMA requests, then it might be THEIR problem, which would make me shy away from their products (I'm considering getting their gf3ti200).
I agree with you. They probably do have probs making those cards. 1 thing or another.

Us pushing the cards? I run mine 99.9 % of the time at stock speeds & it still died. Now for the rest of em, I can't say.
If you do decide to buy from them, check thier warranty out 1st.
Just so you don't get any other surprises.

:cool:

Oni said:

Clock speeds on the GPU/RAM. The retail box are clocked higher, I believe.

i knew it was the clock speed but was wondering what the difference in Mhz was:p

another question 4 u guys i dont know what 2 get i have narrowed it down to these cards i think

64MB Hercules radeon 8500le
128MB Ati radeon 8500le OEM

both about the same price which would you go for?

anyidea what the 128MB OEM radeon 8500le is clocked at i cant find anywhere it except fot the retail specs

Back