• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

845E mobos released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rbbnet

Registered
Does anybody know about when the 845E mobos will be up for sell? I'm thinkin' bout the Gigabyte 8IEXP for the base of my well overdue new PC. However if it's going to be the end of May 02, I may just go with the Gigabyte 8IRXP, despite it's reboot issues.

I found these 845-e chipsets for sale at pricewatch

1. Brand/Updated (CT) Product Description Price Ship Dealer/Phone
    Soyo Tek
    4/30, 2:34 PM
    SY-P4ISR SOYO Bundle with us RETAIL BOX Soyo P4ISR with RAID ,Intel 845e Chipset ultra ATA100 Pentium 4 478 pin ATX Form Factor, no cpu
    (Part - SYP4ISR)
    $ 135 $8 - 16 QBitPC Inc
    800-397-5050

MD
    Soyo Tek
    4/9, 9:8 PM
    SY-P4ISR SOYO RETAIL BOX Soyo P4ISR with RAID ,Intel 845e Chipset ultra ATA100 Pentium 4 478 pin ATX Form Factor, no cpu
    (Part - 102302)
    $ 140 $11 - 16 USSA.COM

[/list=1]

Strange as Soyo's site lists them not as the 'e' chipset :confused: :confused:

http://www.soyousa.com/p4isr.html

Last edited:
Silversink,
I did notice that myself on Soyos' website the otherday. Seems like I also found other sites that claim the Soyos mentioned were of the 845 rather than the 845E. Another biggy, that Soyo mobo is an SDRAM board (not DDR), definitely out of the question.
Hexa....,
I thought the difference between the 845, 845E and the 845G is very little. All of which share the same core chipset, the 845, whereras the 845E supports the new 533FSB for the P4s that are soon to come, and the 845G supports "G"raphics which is built in the chipset itself. The graphics are supposed to be comparable to the Geforce 2 MX, kinda outdated if you ask most.
I do appreciate the legwork/mousework guys.

rbbnet said:

Hexa....,
I thought the difference between the 845, 845E and the 845G is very little. All of which share the same core chipset, the 845, whereras the 845E supports the new 533FSB for the P4s that are soon to come, and the 845G supports "G"raphics which is built in the chipset itself. The graphics are supposed to be comparable to the Geforce 2 MX, kinda outdated if you ask most.
I do appreciate the legwork/mousework guys.

Yup the 845G has onboard graphics, and because of this INTEL decided to include 333DDR suport so the onboard graphics are faster (as it uses system memory) also they have increaced the memory performance on the 'G' version through BIOS and hardware tweakes, so it is actual memory performance is faster...

Have a read of this page and you'll see what i'm on about :)

CLICK ME!!!

U R 2 good.... Hexa.
I just retruned to this posting to send that same link to you. In ways we're all correct/wrong. Yes the 845G will be faster. The mobo I was waiting for, the Giga 8IEXP was used in Tom's review. However he posted contradictory info on release dates from the way I read it. Check out these experts from his RAM review:

"We were pleasantly surprised by the Intel 845G chipset, which will officially be launched at the end of May. At the beginning of May, Intel will launch the 845E and the 845G (together with the Intel 850E), which should represent a performance milestone."

Now which would be correct, 1st of May or end of May? Seeing how the 1st is here, the latter may be more true. This may mean I'll have to wait another month before upgrading from my overclocked Celeron 566 @ 850/ Abit BX6 rev.2 system to a new P4 superchine.

Hexa said:
"I'm loking into the i845G too, however... I don't know if I am patient enuf to wit til the end of the month ."

Let me give you some incentive to wait. If you jump the gun and get anything other than the 845G, you'll either be disappointed or always wonder what if. Especially when all the benchmarks and reviews hit the net showing just how much better the 845G mobos are compard to all the other 845 chipset mobos. Not to mention it appears you've got one heck of a system already, why not hold out a few more weeks for something better, not just.. ok?

rbbnet said:
Hexa said:
"I'm loking into the i845G too, however... I don't know if I am patient enuf to wit til the end of the month ."

Let me give you some incentive to wait. If you jump the gun and get anything other than the 845G, you'll either be disappointed or always wonder what if. Especially when all the benchmarks and reviews hit the net showing just how much better the 845G mobos are compard to all the other 845 chipset mobos. Not to mention it appears you've got one heck of a system already, why not hold out a few more weeks for something better, not just.. ok?

I know what you mean, I'm either going to get he ASUS P4S533 at the end of this week or wait for the i845G of some kind... damn my impatients... I need a board with DDR333 support and quick :eh?: or i'm gonna die ;) you got any info on anyones i845G boards I can't find any info anywhere :confused:

that is a great review, looks like a great board. Why not pc2700 compatible though? doesn't that void it for most ppl?
Jim

1sleeper said:
that is a great review, looks like a great board. Why not pc2700 compatible though? doesn't that void it for most ppl?
Jim

Yeah I find it strange that Intels flagship DDR board doesn't support DDR333 whereas there "lower end" i845G boards do... and actually have BETTER memory interfaces and performance???? Something not quite right there :S ... I think i'm going to be getting one of the i845G boards deffinatly :)

I'm also quite dissapointed to see that it scores exactly the same as teh i845D in every test (give or take 1-2%) looks like intel have just rebranded there i845D chipset to me.... ;)

My first mobo idea was a Giga 8IRXP, then along comes need for DDR333 support, so I think "I'll wait for the 845E/8IEXP mobo to hit the market." However after seeing benchmarks on the 845Es it does appear I may need to wait for the 845G/8IGXP, which does support DDR333 that I thought the 845E boards were supposed to handle. As for the Abit IT7 review, I haven't had time to read it thouroghly yet. I'm currently using an Abit BX6 rev. 2 mobo and love it for what it was. So an Abit mobo isn't out of the question for me. But it's definitely time to move on and catch up to the "real world!"

Well the It7 doesn't look anything special to me.... you would get the same performance out of a 8IRXP or the BD7 or any other i845D chipset mobo, i'm gonna wait for the i845G with propper DDR333 or i'm going to get the ASUS P4S533 ....

Hexa,

Well the It7 doesn't look anything special to me.... you would get the same performance out of a 8IRXP or the BD7 or any other i845D chipset mobo, i'm gonna wait for the i845G with propper DDR333.

I agree..... I think we'll both be better off to wait on the 845G. Maybe we can keep posting to this thread long enough to occupy time until they are released.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding this, but why is everyone concerned about lack of DDR333 support with the I845E chipset?

Most of the people here would use a FSB of *at least* 125 MHz (e.g. P4 1.6a @ 2 GHz); using the 3:4 CPU/Memory multiplier (on Abit IT7) gives a memory speed of 166 MHz (DDR333).

So, only if you do not overclock (or do not have a 3:5 CPU/Memory multiplier), would the lack of DDR333 support be a concern...

Am I missing something (I am new to OC).....?

Back