• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recomedations on case window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
I have been waiting to put a case window in my system. I am ready to do it but I have some questions.

I have heard some stories about people that have used a rubber gasket material to mount the window in having the window fall out unexpectedly. Would it be better to bolt the window on, or use some type of adhesive? Also I plan on putting a 120mm fan in my window. Also how much does the window installed with the rubber gasket weaken the pannel?

heh thats funny!, i have my GLASS window stuck in mine with 2 sided 3m tape.... it works pretty good so far, had no problems, except i cant put a fan in it.....

I cut a piece of neopreen hose in half, painted it silver, stuck it around my hole and epoxied the lexan to that. Works like a charm!

The problem with the windows falling out seems to be mostly with the molding like you get from PCMods. Though a lot of sites do great writeups on it, I personally think the stuff sucks. I use auto door edge molding(self-adhesive), and then attach the acrylic with silicone adhesive. If you are putting in a fan on the acrylic, you might want to use 3/8" or 1/4". 1/8" is fairly rigid and won't weaken the case side, but I am not sure how well it would hold up with the fan attached.

Go to an auto parts store and get 3M trim tape the stuff is easy to use and really strong.

Back