• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a+ pci problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n00b3r

Registered
hello
i recently purchased an EP-8K3A+ motherboard and i cannot install any PCI devices, i have tried different slots and i have tried both win2k and winXP and each time i get the same message "An error occurred during the installation of the device.... The data is invalid"
devices ive tried are 2 different NIC (3com & netgear) and my SB-Live.
is my board faulty? :(

i also updated the bios to 2328 and still no luck

i get this with whatever PCI device i try to install also on the LED i get code FF...
doesnt look good :confused:

Are you sure that on-board sound is disabled?

You might want to try manually setting an IRQ for a specific PCI slot you use for the SBLive.

Cheers,
F

if it is for your sound then cancel that out and install it from the cdrom and when it says that it is not win xp whol cert. then say continue instead at least thats whati had to do to get it to recognize the sound on this MB

the problem was the onboard sound.........
i only tried to install an NIC in the 1st place (but didnt take a shot of that error message), so i though id try my sound card and it did the same so i disabled the onboard sound in BIOS and still none would install, so i got bored and reinstalled windows and now it all works. joy :)
thx for your help ;)

Back