• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.mp3 to .vbs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiLLyXkiNG

I had a whole folder FULL of .mp3 files...All of a sudden...they all change to .vbs files (visual basic script files) and they are all 10 kb in size? WHat the hell is this? Can I get my 255 mp3's back? and if not...is there a way to get it so it wont bhappen again?

-BIlly

You opened an attachment or downloaded something funny off the net. What you have my friend is a virus.:eek: Head over to SARC . And run there virus scan. It will tell you which nasty pest you picked up and will tell you how to get rid of it!!!!! Good luck!!!!

Edit: I am sorry for your loss. It would be nice if we can have a moment of silence for all those MP3s. May they R.I.P.

Last edited:
I would like to take this moment to say goodbye to the 255 hero's who lost their life today.

We knew them as music, tunes, and hard core rags that would pump us up and bring us back down.

Thank you Mp3's, thank you for all that you have done for us. This loss today will never be forgotten, your heroism will never go untold.

I invite all of you to share you personal experiences with our fallen brethren, for now, Mp3's here's toast :beer: to you and all you did for us.

Rest in Peace,
Wedo

I too would like to take this moment to commend those that fell today.

They fought a strong battle, but just couldn't stand up to the almight and

crippling computer virus. They survived with us through parites,

concerts, and many many formats ;). I'm sure they are gone to a better

place. My condolenses.

Just for future reference there is a free Antivirus program it is called AVG . I know it is a little late. but, better late than never. Good Luck!!!!!

VIRUS

just be lucky all it did was take your mp3's

still thats a real @#$tich

i would like to find one of these virus wrighters and kick him straight in the nuts

I think the computer gods are on my side today...because I ran AVG (thanks kendan...and all of my .jpg, .gif, .mp3 files were completely altered...but somehow I managed to get them all back!
WOOOO!!! HAHAHA! I don't know if it is completely gone yet....how will I know how?

-Billy

Well, I went on SACR and searched for vbs.loveletter (the virus that AVG found) and it gave me an .exe that removed the file! IT said "LoveLetter has been found and removed successfully."

Boo ya!

And thank you...all of you for your help and condolences...even though I got my files back!!!!

-Elated

Now that you have your files back, it would be a great idea for you to "BACK THEM UP". I never worry about viruses or stupid crap like that, because I make sure I have EVERYTHING backed up on cd's, including my 13 gigs of mp3's :D . Yes, that's a lot of cd's for the mp3's, but damn well worth it!

BiLLyXkiNG said:
I think the computer gods are on my side today...because I ran AVG (thanks kendan...and all of my .jpg, .gif, .mp3 files were completely altered...but somehow I managed to get them all back!
WOOOO!!! HAHAHA! I don't know if it is completely gone yet....how will I know how?

-Billy

Sounds like you got the lovebug virus, my sister got that once on our other machine, that one sure sucks we lost quite a few things that time...

cornbread said:
Now that you have your files back, it would be a great idea for you to "BACK THEM UP". I never worry about viruses or stupid crap like that, because I make sure I have EVERYTHING backed up on cd's, including my 13 gigs of mp3's :D . Yes, that's a lot of cd's for the mp3's, but damn well worth it!

jesus that's like 2900 mp3's.

They do tend to add up. At least I'm not the only guilty party on this one, but there are other folders as well. Thank God for RAID-5 and autoloading DLT tape libraries.

Damn Xaotic, I thought I was bad, LoL. I only have a 30 gig drive for my mp3's though, so if I plan to have that many someday I will definately need to upgrade. I think it will be a little while though.

Back