• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 10000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
R300

Search for info on google. I stumbled on some articles, but don't have the links anymore.

DirectX 9 will be coming out somtime around September, and the Radeon 10k and next Nvidia cards will follow. My guess is X-mas time, plus or minus a month or two.

All I can say for sure about the Radeon 10k is that it will be significantly faster than the Geforce4 Ti4600. These cards (nv30 and r300) will also be AGP 8x, and may possibly use QDR memory.

Last edited:
Re: R300

Arkaine23 said:
All I can say for sure about the Radeon 10k is that it will be significantly faster than the Geforce4 Ti4600. These cards will also be AGP 8x, and may use QDR memory.

Since we've no definite specs or anything on the new Radeon card it's pretty difficult to substansiate a statement like that. It's probable. But the new Radeon won't be designed to compete with the Ti4600, it will be competing with the NV30. Which should be much more of a competition.

Coming next christmas huh? I think i'll hold on to my little GeForce2 till then! It's not worth the money to upgrade when the games out right now are still utelizing the Quake III engine. Unreal 2 is another story.

actually nvidia's new architecture will come out in august. (presumably the nv30).

dx9 will come out with the new version of windows(aka sp1 for xp whci we have to pay for) in the fall. the r300 will come out after dx9 ships.

my prediction is that the nv30 will be dx9, and the r300 will be 9.1.

So, basically I should wait till after Christmas time and pick one of these badboys up when the price drops.

I'll be about ready for a new videocard then anyways. My Radeon is starting to limp compaired to some of the other ones around this forum.

Ti 4800 comes out in August.

NV30 is still slated for January 2003 (with DX9.1) support. DirectX 9.0 is cancelled and will never show. 9.1 will be the first one of the nine series.

The Radeon 9X00 series will be out first (R300) series.

AXIA

vid cards

My video upgrade policy is to keep a card at least a year. I got my GF2 in Nov, so I'll be skipping two nvidia and ATI gfx card generations (GF3 & GF4, 7500 & 8500). Perfect timing for the next Radeon, and gives me a chance to save up.

My card still eats up any games I throw at it, so I can wait. Unless I burn it up overclocking first...

Ya ya, wait til Christmas and then you will be reading articles about the awesome GeForce5 TI 12000 based on the new rv40 chip and DX 10.1 compatability. There will always be a new card on the horizon that will make us want to wait, so what I do is jump up 3-4 generations at a time. I went from a Rage Fury to a Radeon and now the GeForce4. Never believe the resease dates because to my knowledge nether company has ever met them, except the Radeon 7500's.

Back