• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Radeon 8500 overclocks (retail and LE)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disabled
well i'm at it again! added more cooling to my fridge and got this

CORE = 335

Memory = 345 (690)

Voltage MOD = yes, resistor mod

cooling = waterblocks on memory and GPU, water fridge cooled

i'm now just 5 Mhz SDR off of my goal of 700 DDR! Damn infereior memory! oh well can't win them all. I would also like to know your scores. Please post in the same fashion as above. also state weather or not that you have done a voltage modifucation and what type. come to think of it post your cooling too. I must gather all information on this cards overclocking that i can!

Default.. were are your 3Dmark 2001 scores??? with a clock speed like that you should be hitting G4 or maybe even more.. If you can please run the test at 1600x1200 and 1280x1024.. thanks.. my max was 300/300 no volt mod..

335/690... I'm not sure if you're going to agree with me default, but I think that the Radeon 8500 doesn't suffer from memory bandwith problems. For example.. like a G2/G3.. were you get more out of the card my overclocking the memory than the Core.. more so for the G2 though.. The radeon 8500 (from my testing) increases very nice with core and memory.. It's like a win win situation... Now I can't wait to see your scores.. Please don't run test at like 1024x768 cuz that wouldn't make any sense.. I believe your card should match or come very very close to a G4 ti 4600 at stock speeds... Also if you can try running 3dmark 2000 (DX7) at 1600x1200.. don't keep me waiting too long...:D

I only wish my radeon did atleast 310/310.. then I'd be happy..:beer:

Overclocker456 said:
335/690... I'm not sure if you're going to agree with me default, but I think that the Radeon 8500 doesn't suffer from memory bandwith problems. For example.. like a G2/G3.. were you get more out of the card my overclocking the memory than the Core.. more so for the G2 though.. The radeon 8500 (from my testing) increases very nice with core and memory.. It's like a win win situation... Now I can't wait to see your scores.. Please don't run test at like 1024x768 cuz that wouldn't make any sense.. I believe your card should match or come very very close to a G4 ti 4600 at stock speeds... Also if you can try running 3dmark 2000 (DX7) at 1600x1200.. don't keep me waiting too long...:D

I only wish my radeon did atleast 310/310.. then I'd be happy..:beer:

dont think it will be too close to yours as he has a 1GHZ cpu...

Ahh.. funny person you're right...kinda.. If you notice I asked him to take benchmarks at 1600x1200.. not like those idiots who run 3dmark etc.. with default 1024x768... and have a radeon 8500/g3/g4.. it makes no sense.. this way there is more stress on the card, not on the CPU..

Back