• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV/Tuner cards, can be used just for tv plus another card for 3d?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@crilicM@n

Hy Guys, I wonder i there are anyone here who has already used tv pi videocards, and I´d like to know if it´s possible use for example, an ati all in wonder pci card plus a GF2 as the main card (and for playing games etc...) Or does it will use only the pci card for all the graphics?

HUMBERTO

all depends on how you set it up actually.. in theory you should be able to set up your ati pci card as a secondary vid card.. and the nvidia as your primary to play games on, do a search on the forums for tv-tuner cards or something, you'll get some more info

U$21

Hmmm Interesting, becouse I´ve seen all in wonder, older ones as alow as 21 dollars to pal and 29 for ntsc.... But the store has a 5 resseler rating... They even have GF2 GTS by 39 (compuvest), but what I´ve readed in resseler rating made me fear... But, searchimg.....

Thanks

Mr. Chambers said:
all depends on how you set it up actually.. in theory you should be able to set up your ati pci card as a secondary vid card.. and the nvidia as your primary to play games on, do a search on the forums for tv-tuner cards or something, you'll get some more info

If you are talking about using an All In Wonder card then yes you would need to set it up as a secondary video card. You would also have to have a second monitor or a switch to change your display. Because only one card can be outputting to one monitor at a time.

The other option is to get a pure TV tuner card that is *not* a video card, but only handles TV in/out. I know ATI makes them called 'TV Wonder' in PCI and USB formats. This is better IMO, if more expensive, because then you don't have to mess with dual vid cards, dual monitors, *and* your TV capabilities are separate from your main vid card because even when you change vid cards you can still use the TV tuner.

ATI TV Wonder

USB version

Anyone know of any other companies that make good AIW-type solutions?

Hmmm thanks!!!

Hmmm, that´s the type of info I´m gathering!!!! It must be a Tuner-Tv card but non "videocard" if I wan´t to use other one to the 2d and 3d funtions... Hmmm Important... That´s exactly what I want, something like the 'TV Wonder' alone, that I can carry togheter when I build up a hole newer pc...
Thanks for the link, that was the missing info!!! :)

PS: Add link with prices and products discussed...: http://store.yahoo.com/uricom-com/vidcapedcar.html

MadMan007 said:
If you are talking about using an All In Wonder card then yes you would need to set it up as a secondary video card. You would also have to have a second monitor or a switch to change your display. Because only one card can be outputting to one monitor at a time.

The other option is to get a pure TV tuner card that is *not* a video card, but only handles TV in/out. I know ATI makes them called 'TV Wonder' in PCI and USB formats. This is better IMO, if more expensive, because then you don't have to mess with dual vid cards, dual monitors, *and* your TV capabilities are separate from your main vid card because even when you change vid cards you can still use the TV tuner.

ATI TV Wonder

USB version

Anyone know of any other companies that make good AIW-type solutions?

Last edited:
Glad to help.

There is also the TV Wonder VE

I am not sure what the difference is b/c I didn't look at the specs too long. I know the 'VE' name is usually for ATI's lower-end product in a line, but I don't know how you make a TV tuner low-end. :eh?:

Anyway, that is another option.

The VE TV-Wonder is lacking stereo sound output, and no S-Video. Other than that it is the same as the TV-wonder.

http://www.ati.com/products/pc/tvwonderve/specs.html

Hope that helps you pick the correct one for you.

Also, ATi says that you need a Radeon/Rage series vid card to work But I know from experience that it will work with a GeForce 2 Ultra and a GeForce 3 Ti 200. Both of which I've used this card with, with absolutely no ill effects or problems.

Whhooooow dam, why did they remove the stereo!!!! Is the only one missing thing!!! RRRR, Why! Hmmmm :mad: can I live without it...? Not shure I´ll miss it to much... The TV sound is bad either, and the DVD will still shine... Oh my god... Thanks for the detail...!
Will think here a litle more... But they are one of the few who ships internationaly and even let me use an usps/fedex... personal account to pay the shipping, so that the price will be exactly that... Hmmm :rolleyes:

IcarusFalling said:
The VE TV-Wonder is lacking stereo sound output, and no S-Video. Other than that it is the same as the TV-wonder.

http://www.ati.com/products/pc/tvwonderve/specs.html

Hope that helps you pick the correct one for you.

Also, ATi says that you need a Radeon/Rage series vid card to work But I know from experience that it will work with a GeForce 2 Ultra and a GeForce 3 Ti 200. Both of which I've used this card with, with absolutely no ill effects or problems.

Back