• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gamegear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mymojo

Registered
has anyone used a sega gamegear lcd for the computer to display stats or video? I herd of people doing it but I dont know were I saw it.

Hey, that sounds like an easy enough mod. I don't see why it wouldn't work. just hook it all up the same as inside the game gear.

Do you have a gamegear that your going to tear apart? I think you should do it. I'll try to find a walkthrough for you.

woah, that would be an awesome mod, i have 2 games gears and i would love to rip one apart and put it in my computer

if u guys find out PLEASE le me know

thanks, Digital

I got it apart. and I can get power to it. but after that i'm lost.
I think it will be simple to do once I figure it out. if anybody has any luck please let me know. I think this would be a great mod to do.

I reccomend a multimeter, and maybe look for a model number and brand, for support online. I'm not ready to leave my black and white game boy original yet, tetris is too addictive on road trips.

Well, first off you are going to need to find the model # of the lcd. Then you will need to find a controller for that particular lcd.

Not as cool a mod though jae, half the fun is in figuring it out and making it work, anyone can buy it pre fabbed and adjust it to a serial port :)

cant I just use the controler thats on the lcd now? if not what is a controler? and how does it work.

Back