• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg and 8500 and 4200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

is it just me or is newegg not selling the retail 8500 anymore?? i see the LS but im pretty sure thats clocked lower.. also anyone know when they will be selling the ge4200 and for how much? ive seen on a few sites that they will be geting their shipment of gainward 4200s on about 5-8 can anyone confirm this? cause im at a weird point now where i have cash but dont know what to spend it on.. and i feel a bit bad if i was to spend it all at once ;)

hmm what do u think is more important..

driving classes so this little overclocker can get his permit

new motherboard and ram

or a ge 4200

or a 8500 ati, and new board and ram?

i think the permit is the most important then again im pretty sure i can get my parents to pay for that :D

overall i have about 300 to spend..

you cna get the retail 64 mb 8500 off of mwave.com for 150$....

though you may want to wait till the 4200 drops in price if you want the 128mb 8500, because the 4200 should be a little faster....

LOL, well said Tracert. I would get that permit so that you can drive, and then possibly get a job so that you can afford the hardware that you want. Driving is freedom, freedom to pick up chicks, freedom to work, freedom to play. Get that permit. If you happen to want to blow the cash on something that will be outdated in a few months, then get the retail 8500 and a new board and ram. Keep watching Newegg, they seem to do pretty well at keeping in stock of the latest hardware.

k guys... guess its the permit then..but i cant stand the classes.. they are sooo dumb.. i know more then half the **** they go over and the rest i can get via the book.. but here is the *****... i have to wait 6 months after i get permit till i can take the driving test then after i pass the driving test i cant drive anyone under 25 for 6 more months then after that is done i cant drive anyone under 25 after 10 at night for 6 more months... does anyone else see the 666 combo here.. ;) its evil i tells u evil..

i still think i can get my mom and pops to pay for the class leaving MY 300 left for whatever.. hmm with the rate of gas i might as well save it for that ;)

Back