• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what are good temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augustwest

what are considered good temps? im running an amd 1600+@1705mhz. it is air cooled and running with 160fsb. i just need some data from other people so i can compare my system and find out what i need to work on. i want to run this faster. should i lower the multiplier and try to increase the fsb. im using a soltek sl-75drv5. my cpu is unlcocked, but i can only get it to boot when i lower the multiplier. i tried increasing the multi and lower the fsb but it still wouldnt boot. it boots fine at 9.5.

any info would be appreciated. thanks guys.

did i not say that? guess not. an AX-7 with an 80mm Y-S Tech fan with rheostat. it goes from 3000-4700rpm at 47cfm. i have 2-80mm enermax fans, 1 intake in the front, 1 exaust in the back; i have a 120mm exhaust in the top and a 120mm intake in the side blowing onto the heatsink and ram. i plan to put a second 120mm intake to blow on the pci slots.

currently im running 40C cpu and 29C case. what do you all think?

that is with all of my fans running full tilt. another thing is im not using arctic silver. just the stuff from radioshack. :eh?:

Back