• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

317 GPH Eheim Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeD

Registered
I am thinking of getting the Eheim 1250 pump which is an inline and submersible pump that is rated for 317 GPH. I was wondering how many water blocks this pump would be able to supply and still maintain good pressure and flowrate. I plan on using 1/2" tubing and possibly spliting the the flow into two, two times (as shown below). With the first fork between the CPU and and the GPU/chipset tube, and the second spliting to the chipset and GPU:

PUMP ---- 1/2" ----------- 1/2" ----CPU
|
|----- 1/2" --------- 3/8" -------GPU
|
|---- 1/4"---- CHIPSET

Would this pump be able to do this, or would the tubing sizes have to be smaller to keep the flow rate up? Or would it be best to split this pump between the GPU and Chipset and run another one for the CPU? Or possibly, would even a larger pump (around 600 GPH) be sufficient to run at a decent flow rate in this system? I am new to water cooling and would be interested in any information offered.

Back