• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Freezes when shutting down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnimatrixZero

Hi I have the following hardware

K7S5A
512mb DDR Mem
1900+ AMD CPU
40 Gig Hdd
Geforce4 440 Graphics card
PCI 4 port USB card
INtel Modem

I am running XP and it has been fine for months but then it started to hang on shut down when it gets to the screen 'Shutting down your computer' mouse and eveything stops working so I decided to reinstall after millions of attempt s to get it working it all worked okay for about half a day and then started freezing again, I then realised I had a CD left in the CD r drive which is on the secondry master I removed it and it shut down okay tried this multiple times all worked okay put CD in again and it froze, brillent I thought found the problem, worked fine for a day and then used my digital camera to download some images after that I shut down and it froze again so I unblugged the camera from the usb cable and it started to shut down properly for a while, it then started to freeze on shutdown again this time I unplugged the camera USB cable (which was not plugged into the camera) and it started to work again :confused::confused: :confused: :confused: Restarts work okay, Does anybody know what is happening cos I am out of Ideas

Many thanks

UNI

Back