• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

on board LAN card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeigeAkicksass

i went over to my freind's to have asamall LAN party adn i spent most ofht etiem trying to get my card to workla nd never dd

for soome reason ti woudl not detect any other comps otn he network- ther a 3 and it si on a hub that works w/ 8 my comp didnt even oping the hub and it sucked

the jacks works as he has ahad another freind do it before int he same 1 so i doitn knw othe problem

i ahve a soyo K7 Dragon + w/ pnboard aln and the drivers are in stalld - im pretty sure ht latset too- so we put his networking software on and it just wouldnt work!!!!

i knwo very little aobut networking ubt his dad did most of it any 1 ways

my freind has mostly all beltkin gor betlink ot whatever cards if yo caoul help at ll that would be nivce

thnks

:D :eh?: :D

I had same problem 2. If you use W2k, And when you install OS, don't plug your NIC in to anything. because it's just remebers what ever you was plug in to . I had to install another card, and it works good, and on board works for what ever I was plug in when I install OS.

what i think you said was that you need to be plugged in to what ever you are gonna use when u install the OS because it only workds for that? yes?

well wen i instale the OS (win 98 SE) i was in any thing, but il probably jsut buy a cheap card any ways

wow you type as good as me !! sorry for my nearly incoheriant thoguhts butill jsut get a new card so its no big deal thnks nee ways thoguh:D :D :eh?: :D

do the 10/100 indicator and activity lights light up on the card?

double check all your tcp/ip settings too...make sure you're part of the same workgroup, etc....

What games are you playing??
make sure you have the correct TCP/IP settings.... then try pinging each of the machines, also if you don't have files and print sharing enabled otherwise you won't see each other..

Back