• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp accuracy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevmarks

does anybody out there know how accurate the temp sensors are on the abit kr7a? I have my sensor pushed right up againt the underside of the processor, which is why it may be reporting high temps. Anyway, if there is anybody out there that has the temp sesnor pushed up against the bottom of the cpu and a digidoc 5 or simular product, could you post the on board sensor temp and the real temps? I know Asus has problems with reporting the wrong temps, I was wondering if Abit are the same.

It's more likely to give you accurate readings when you have it pushing up againts the bottom of the CPU than just taking the air temp around it so if it's reading high then you just need a better cooling solution. No they are not like ASUS. They actually give ballpark readings but none that you can really rely on when you have to so might as well buy a digidoc or compunurse or the like to get accurate temps. I found a cheap altermnative from BART called the TEMPCHECK for $15.00USD + S&H.

tempcheck.jpg

You fix the thermocouple BESIDE the core & make sure it is away from any possible airflow. Make sure it has good contact & is properly secured so that it keeps in contact overtime. If I am unclear please ask away. I would upload a pic but my NIC is acting funny. You can also do a search in our Cooling section of the forums as this has been taken up often in the past.

Back