• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

speaking of schools :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

i 2 have it pretty good with our admin.. we mostly have macs though, not 100's like that guy from MD.. but everybit helps.. i believe our lab has 30 or so.. and every teacher has one, although i doubt i could get them running on their machines.. they make a version for macs right? i believe they are all G3's... yuck.. we also have 6 new imacs.. and i think the "special education" kids have like 8 in there room also.. dont ask me why.. alls they do is burn cd's and play bugdum on them.. and they get better grades than i do.. but thats another b*tch session :) how hard would it be to set up folding on each of them? just d/l it and config it right? i think they're left on all the time.. but rebooted often.. (they crash alot.. you should see what the kids all do to these things.. lol) any ideas would be appreciated

I guess this is a schools thread so check this out:
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/userpage.detailed?q=MRGS

The test with Debug3 works! And the Head of Dept. hinted that we should expand the test to another 4 machines. All XP1600's. So we'll probably run that as a test over the weekend.:D

The problem is that I've got to use debug3 and that causes problems with the way our desktops run. Each time someone logs out the extra programs like folding get shut down. Ok on the 1600's cos no one uses them for anything, but the other machines have people logging on all the time and people turning the machines off.

Each time someone tries to log off or turn the PC off the folding program will complain that it's not being shut down correctly.

I guess I'm waiting for the version3 to come out in the windows GUI version.

Back