• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows NDIS error with P4A 1.6 @ 2.0gig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brit

I have a P4A 1.6 cpu on an Asus P4s533 MB. If I remove the NIC, it runs at 2.4gig very well. If I install the NIC and load the drivers, windows halts with the error:

Error initializing NDIS. Please restart windows.

For some reason I cannot get past this point and have to run the 1.6gig P4 at ,*groan*, 1.6gig. I cannot OC it at all or NDIS init fails.

EDIT: I've tried 2 different NICS and reformatted and reinstalled the OS. Nothing has changed. :(

Any ideas?

Brit

Last edited:
Sounds like the NIC isn't liking the PCI bus speeds your running at when you run the FSB at 150. If you can lock the APG/PCI bus on your board I'd try that, if not try starting at 133 on the FSB and work your way up until it won't load again to see how high your NIC will go. Your other option is to get a NIC that can handle higher speeds, what kind are you using now?

I have tried 2 NICs. I have a Netgear FX310 (I think the model is), and the P4S533 comes with a built in NIC. Both yeild the same results.

Brit

Doh, hopefully the fix they listed will work for you, you think that someone would have ran into this and posted it somewhere on the net by now so that you didn't need to call MS for it.

Back