• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DualP3Power

Registered
I need help! My system is in the gutter right now.

Today it began acting really funny, then all of a sudden it won't turn on! I play around with it and get it to start, then it gives me this message at the screen where memory loads up:

The processor is unrecognizable or has been changed

What is that all about?!?

I run a dual P3 1Ghz system, and nothing like this has happened before.

It also tells me at the bios loading screen that I have a Pentium 500E Processor running at 66Mhz x (33). It also says two processors are detected. Very odd!

Now the strange part is I can press F1 to continue after this screen, and it takes me to the desktop with all my files loaded fine. But I know something is wrong because everything looks different in terms of my visual style (running XP) etc... I have run Norton to no avail.

I thought this might be a cooling issue but my BIOS says both processors are at a cool 68 degrees F. Please HELP!

you sure that is F and not C because 68 sounds mighty cool for fahrenheit....cooler than romm temp...

No

It is 68, my room is quite cold and I have special cooling equipment so it stays really close to room temp.

Back