• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad news....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
well, i just got my new eopx 8k3a+ today, got it put together, started up fine, went to windows, then restarted....and nothing...
it restarted, i turned it off, and then it wouldnt go back on. i plugged in my other psu, it started up fine....so is it fried? what can i do to check?

Are you saying it fired up OK with the second PSU and not the first? If so, try jumpering the first PSU with a wire in pin 14 and any ground. If it doesn't fire up, you may have had the PSU crap out.

Use Stool's method to see if the PSU will fire up. I'm pretty sure it sounds like a bad PSU. What kind of PSU is it?

alright, well it works fine now....i guess it just needed some time...for some strange reason...now another question, what is the temp monitoring program for the epox boards?

I think your Enermax is not behaving with the Epox. Immediatly download Prime95 or Toast, and run the torture test or High Priority (Toast), and check MBM's 5v... I think it didn't boot because the 5v was drained or something.

Back