• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help woth Celeron II 733

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkseid

Help with Celeron II 733

Hello
-First i have write a very nice and detailed thread but don`t know why it didn`t post it so i`m gonna be brief in this one.
-I have a Celeron II 733 (66x11)at 990 (90x11) at 1100Mhz it crashes in windows and at 1045Mhz it turns windows veery slow, seem to be the harddrive there, Temps didn`t seem to be the problem because it`s at 28C or a little more at full load, any ideas?
everything (PCI, RAM, etc) is in spec or below.

Thanxs!!!
PS: Voltage is at 1.85 and more didn`t seem to help, i think.

Last edited:
First off, 90 mhz bus speed is really pushing the other busses (agp, pci) and you are probably getting a hard drive error when booting up at that setting. Try setting it to 100 fsb and it might just boot up fine at that setting beings your temps that you posted are rather low. 100fsb sets the other busses back into spec and is a much more stabile OC if your cpu can handle it. Good luck

If you are air cooling this CPU, then no way the CPU load temp will only be 28 degrees. That sounds more like system temp. Regardless, not many of those Celeron 733 will do over 1 gig.

Why at 90 is pushing the other things? they are at 30mhz PCI and so...
and the cpu sensor says 28 and system 31, so whether they are with the wrong names it`s still low temp, i don`t know what else to do, lower more temps? more voltage? don`t seem to be the problem, what am i missing??

one more thing at 90mhz PCI it post and runs windows fine, at 95 it slows down a lot the hard drive and at 100 it crashes windows
Thanxs!

You are not getting the correct temps. No way can the CPU temp be lower than the system temp. You need better cooling, but even with better cooling, you are almost at the limit for that CPU.

mmm yes i have that like a possibility, how can i read a more correct temp?? the mother is an MSI 6199, it has a Top Tech III in but i don`t have the thermistor that it use.

Ok, you where right... the temps readings have the names changed, but even reading the higher of the two readings it does not rise more than 35C at full load, so that doesn`t seem to be a high temp, am i Right?
should i try to lower it more?

Back