• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$$$ neon lights $$$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital Pimp

anyone know how much these things go for?

i found a car parts store that sells 12" ones for $29.99CAD or about $18.99USD.

just wondering if this was reasonalble price

also is there anything to worry about when buying these?

Thanks, Digital

yeah that's a great price, online they go for like $60

I found my 12" green neon for $23 Cad here locally...

online they are a fortune

about 15us dolars at bgmicro.com

gotta get a cct and an inverter.....

cct? inverter?
well they are reg. $49.99CAD but 40% off +14.5% tax (gotta love B.C.)
i was gonna cut the car plug off and wire it off my 12V psu line....

is that bad?

Anyone know a good place to get one of them sound sensitive Fire Rods (red 'lightning' type neon)? I found one but it's mad cash, I'm kinda on a budget.

--Illah

cold cathode tube, basicly a neon but 10x better an an iverter is so you can hook it to your powersupply

but if you dont knwo anything about it i would suggest you get a kit or something

Yes, most neons designed for cases run off of 12 volts.

Larger Neon signs like the open signs seen in store windows usualy use about 90v because they are much larger. (the also have an inverter to change the 115VAC from the wall to 90VDC for the sign).

my neon was for a car,

I just cut off the cigerette lighter adapter, and wired a molex to it...
had no probs...

yeah that's what this one was suposed to be used for.

i asked the guy about warranty, then he asked what kinda car i had.. when i told him it was for a computer his face got whiter and he said that there was no warranty..... i later found out that there wasent a warranty because they were so cheap $29 CAD ($<20USD).

anyone know if these things put out much heat? i havent had it plugged in for more than 1 min while testing (i'm away from my computer)

thanks, Digital

Back