• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S333 and two PSU's...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
Ok... I've got a Codegen 250W PSU with the ATX12V connector and another 250W PSU that doesn't. The mobo I have is the Asus P4S333 and it has that 12v connector that you can use if you don't have a PSU with the ATX12V... so... would it be benificial to use BOTH PSU's... one connected to the ATX12V and one connected to the molex 12v connector? Would this essentially act as a 500W power source... or would it give me a better 12v? Or would this be a bad plan?

this is actually what i have right now (2x 300W) plugged one of them onto my mobo and the other one is supplying the extra 12V connector on the mobo, seems to work great and the voltages of the psu i can get readings from look a little bit better then they did before and the psu's stay allot cooler :)

Thanks SO much bro... I didn't even realize someone replied to this :p Very good to know. I do wonder if this would be considered 2x250 (which it is) or 500... hmm... I've stumped myself :D

AND... is it safe and/or benificial to use BOTH 12v connectors? I mean the molex one and the ATX12V (square 4 pin) connector.

Back