• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foldind with Firewall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LaserMan

Does anyone have any problems folding when they are using a firewall? I am using a Norton Personal Firewall and it doesn't seem to let the Folding program contact the Server when it is ready to upload results and download more work.

You should be able to go into Norton and tell it to give folding permission. I'm using Zonealarm and the first time a program wants to connect, zonealarm pops up and asks if I want to let it connect. It will stop it till I give the permission.

Btw, Welcome to the fold!:D

Yes, it does work with the firewall disabled. I finally got all of the firewall rules adjusted so that it will let the folding program communicate whenever it neads to. Thanks for the info!

it uses port 8080 to send results open the port and you should be fine. It uses 80 to get the work and they are working on making the whole process port 80. Fold on!!!!!!

Back