• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S-645DX Dragon Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Da Whip

Sunny Florida, you can keep the midwest!!
I am currently an AMD fan (as you can see from my sig) but am considering going back to Intel. What sparked my interest is the new Intel P4-533mhz FSB 2.53gig chip that will be available.

My question is, are the Soyo boards for Pentiums good overclockers, are they stable and how is the technical support.

The new P4S-645DX Dragon Ultra looks promising. It has the features I would like;
1. Raid
2. USB 2.0
3. ATA133 support
4. DDR 333 support
5. AGP Pro
6. Onboard CM-8738 sound

Any pros or cons about Soyo Intel boards would be appreciated

http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=112[/URL]

Yes, its a great board. I was going to get the Soyo DRAGON Ultra for the Athlon, but the T-Breds suck!! Anyway, IWILL get this board for the exact same reasons as you are. The Soyo's are excellent OCing boards, Second only(In my opinion) to ABIT, if not for only the SoftMenu 3 BIOS. The Soyo's have got more features anyway. Get the board, but not the proc. Go get a P4 2.4A, and Mushkin 512MB Hi Perf LEVEL 2 2100 222(Stable @ 200MHz CAS 2-3-3). With an Alpha PAL8942 Heatsink and Panaflo H1A 80mm fan, along with using this voltage mod, you should get that thing to no less than 3GHz!! The Soyo's should go to 666MHz,(166x4, custom dividers probably needed),(which is why I suggest the "A" proc, since they have a 24x multiplier, 3.984GHz max). ABIT IT7's are hard to beat, though
________
GRAPE APE MARIJUANA STRAIN

Last edited:
read the other posts man, the soyo dragons are not great oc boards. You'll also notice that this board is pretty much empty.

Back