• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Case Fan reccommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WayneDolesman

I have an Antec Mid Tower (http://www.antec-inc.com/en_plus860.html)

I need 4 Case fans..

I have 4.. but the two front's are weak, and the two exhausts are friggen JET ENGINES.. Not kidding.. I went overboard.. a little TOO overboard on them.. They push SOO much air it's not evey funny, but it sounds like a jet engine.

I need 4 case fans that push a GOOD amount of air, and are relativly quiet... they don't have to be totally silent - it's OK if I hear them a little.. I understand it's hard to get a case fan that pushes a crapload of air and is 100% silent.. so that's ok..

Any suggestions?

the YS-Tech 80mm 45cfm fans are decent... Ive heard about the Panaflo fans being quiet and powerful, but havent got any, so read around...

I'd say go for some quiet case fans, less than 26dB each. The Panaflo fans are fairly quiet and your ears will thank you.

get a 120x38mm fan for sure. bigger fans flow just as much or more air than smaller fans at lower rpms's which means low sound

The 120mm Panaflo fans are great. I've got the low speed model, 69CFM @ 30dB. The 80mm Panaflo case fans are good too if you're not going to case mod yet for the bigger fans.

I'd love to get those 120mm..

Unfortunately, they won't fit in the mounting brackets in my Antec Case.. 80mm only..

:(

Totally forgot about Plycon though.. thanks guys!

WayneDolesman, consider the YS Tech 80mm adjustable fan. Newegg.com and others carry it, for around $8. The dial control has a rather long wire set on it, allowing you to mount it pretty much anywhere you choose. I put one in the lower front of my Enlight 7237, and mounted the dial out the back of the case. You can dial it from silent to blasting <g>.

Back