• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse LED help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OKCFUNKY

What type of LED should i use on my microcr*p intellimouse explorer 1.1. I want to be able to replace both of the stock with some blue leds from rad shack. What power do the stock draw? A blue one for the optical sensor would be awesome, with the back as bluish white. Its sparse inside, and the leads for the LEDS are big. Ive arleady had to crack it open to fix the cable for it, it would lose power randomly when the cable was moved.

What color is the base of your mouse? The bottom of my mouse is Clear-Red. I tested the leds in my mouse, and they drew 2.1 volts.

I have the same mouse, and I wanted to switch out the LED's too, but what I've been wondering about is whether it's possible to switch out the actual functional light. I'm not sure if it's a LED or a laser that does the actual mousing? Does anyone know if the light that replaces the mouseball can be replaced?

Ive read of people changing the sensor lite and the mouse not working with anything but red. So if you go through with it keep the old leds to have a go back in case.

I think the problem is that the led that they put in was too bright, or not bright enough. Assuming the sensor sees all rangers of color, and led color should work, assuming that it is the right intensity.

didnt work, my small 5mm blue led from radioshack dont work its a 5v normal, 6v max, 30milliamp max. ill try for a smaller later.

p.s. Should i keep my new avatar, or should i go back to the nuke one?

Back