• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a PIII 667

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

codehacker

I have an existing system of Pentium III 667 on an EPOX motherboard (EP-VB6A2). Recently I was able to overclock it to 750 mhz and was pretty stable. I got temps not surpassing 40 C. I was wondering, could I still be able to clock it more than 750 mhz? In the motherboard bios, I could only change the Host Clock and PCI Clock with 124/31 mhz, 133/33 mhz and 150/35 mhz respectively. I hope you professionals here could help me with this endeavor. Thanks alot. 'Hoping for your posts...:)

Do you mean the 6VBA2? Are you using PC133 memory? If so then you may be able to hit 800-820 according to the overclockers cpu database. The ideal setting would be the 133/33 setting as this would keep everything else at stock speeds but the chances of your chip hiting 880MHZ is pretty slim.

There is only one way to find out though, try it;)

If 150/35 MHz (which means that your system will be running at 150 MHz FSB and 35 MHz PCI clock) is the highest setting then you are at your max. overclock @750 MHz on that motherboard.

5x133 MHz = 667 MHz
5x150 MHz =750 MHz

ivwshane said:
Do you mean the 6VBA2? Are you using PC133 memory? If so then you may be able to hit 800-820 according to the overclockers cpu database. The ideal setting would be the 133/33 setting as this would keep everything else at stock speeds but the chances of your chip hiting 880MHZ is pretty slim.

There is only one way to find out though, try it;)

i have 256 RAM PC133. i'm trying to change the samuel ratio but i understand that there's no way of changing the ratio... but what I'm really interested in now is going higher than the 750 mark. you said its possible. I hope I could at least find the 820 mark. Could you show me the way? I can't try unless I know how.

Back