• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

legacy ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That term is used to describe parallel and serial ports. I guess because they are a legacy from earlier computers, and are increasingly obsolete.
Pretty avatar, btw!

crap, i don't wanna have to get usb everything if they were to phase out those then.

thanks for the comment, i keep getting pm's asking who she is.

A good while ago Ed had a poll on the front page asking how people felt about new mobos going all USB, which Abit for one has announced it plans to do in the future. As I remember, it broke down pretty close to 50/50 for and against. I virtually never use my serial ports, I do use parallel for my printer, and I use a PS/2 keyboard, though I do use a USB mouse. I'm still upset that my next mobo upgrade will mean replacing my trusty U.S. Robotics ISA modem! I guess I have to figure the cost of a new modem into the price of the upgrade.

Back