• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BulletProof FTP Newbie Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drdoug26

Hi all,

I still can not get my FTP server up and running. I've been trying for over one month now but have yet to get a solution that works.

I'm using G6/bulletproof FTP ver 2.15. I've chosen a rather generic server name for my FTP (http://NetKnowledgeBase.com) as suggested by a tutorial I have.

Question 1) Do I need to officially register this netknowledgebase.com in order for the FTP to work??? The tutorial said I can use any name I want for the server name and did not mention registering it.

I'm setup for port 21 and have been force to use the internal ip of 192.168.1.102 which the dhcp of my cable modem has given this computer. This is not the ip of my cable modem, which is not a static ip.

The problem is that I need to forward this internal ip somehow to the Linksys router and/or the cable modem in order for me to have contact with the outside web.

I have tried to enable DMZ to 192.168.1.102 in the linksys but no luck. I've tried port forwarding but still no luck. Some one mentioned to use BWR (what ever that is) but I could find no information on this.(i'm using firmware 140 in my linksys router)

Does anyone have any other ideas????????

Thanks

Doug

Back