• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artifact Tester 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buki8

Registered
How good is this program at testing for artifacts? Anyone use it before? Is the DirectX7 testing accurate or should I just go by the software testing?

I tested my "old" PNY Ti-200, I had the card OC to 220/500 and no artifacts with Artifact Tester. But in 3D Mark and games like Ghost Recon I would get flashing textures and "snowy" pixels unless I turned the OC down to 210/480!
I wouldn't consider a vc OC stable just based on the AT5.

buki8,

Yes, I agree with ginfest, BUT artifact tester is a GREAT complement. At one point, when overclocking my GF2MX, nor 3dmark2k1 or quake or... any game was giving visible artifacts BUT artifact tester did... it is not a grant for a stable overclock, but a must for it.

Regards
FTC

artifact tester does not stress the video cards of today enough to even get them warm. I say you should just stick to the good o'll 3dmark

Default said:
artifact tester does not stress the video cards of today enough to even get them warm. I say you should just stick to the good o'll 3dmark
Yep, 3dmark definitely stresses your card enough to test stability. When my card is overclocked to high I will get artifacts and freezes in 3dmark, so its definitely good enough to test you cards stability.

If you really wanna test artifact just loop the Dragonothic test in 3dmark. Artifacts REALLY show up in that one, plus the dark background makes them really easy to spot.

--Illah

Back