• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another question about shuttle ak31 rev 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Batman@

Would u know if it will work with my duron 700? cause I dont have a xp chip yet, probably wont get one for like a month or so, or may wait for the tbred, but untill then will i be able to use my duron 700 in it? cause it says it duron 950+ so I am not sure if it will work with it or not.

Like I mean, once I get it from Starfox, and i wont have a xp chip to put in it. What would happen if i use it with my duron for a little bit?

Any AMD socket a processor will work in it. Any socket A motherboard will support at least Athlons, and more than likely support XPs (at least, new ones)...there are some that don't play well with XPs, though those are ALL older boards, and if you buy new, you don't have to worry about it.

And yes, you should format your hdd when you swap mobos. Windows doesn't much care for having the basic structure that it was installed on changed.

I just replaced my asus a7v(kt133) with a shuttle ak12(kt133a) but then there shouldn't be much of a difference between the two chipsets.

you should always reformat when using a new motherboard even if it has the same chipset bc even small differences in the bios of the board can cause huge headaches

lubetek said:

what what what?! lol u need to reformat my friend.....the OS was installed on that mobo...u switch without reformatting and just wait and see how many errors u have.

well I haven't had any errors with my shuttle AK12 kt133a unless I go above 150 fsb. been running 24/7 for a week now

Back