• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7II-RAID Help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z3ro

Hi !

I'm new to this Forum but i really need ur help.

Is it true that i can put only Graphic Card with the AGP Specification 2.0 in the AGP-Slot of the TH7II-Board ? I heard that the Motherboard can be damaged if i put an old Graphic Card in my AGP Slot.

I have a GeForce 2MX 400 from Asus. Is this a problem for this Board ? Or can i stick this card in my AGP without any pproblems.

PS. I know this Card suxx , but i'm soon buying a new one...

Sorry 4 my bad english, i come from Bavaria/Germany :D

THX ! 4 ur help

WELCOME!!!!!

The Abit site says the following:

Question
Since Intel 845/850 chipsets only support AGP 1.5V cards, wrongfully plugging an AGP 3.3V only AGP card on Intel 845/850 mainboard will burn the MCH chip and cause damage to your mainboard. (BW7/BL7/TH7/TH7II and all other 845/850 mainboards) BW7/BL7/TH7/TH7II

Answer
Most of the AGP cards' gold finger includes a notch to identify AGP 3.3V or AGP 1.5V as illustrated in the picture below. An AGP card without that notch means that AGP 1.5V is not compatible and cannot be inserted into AGP slot fully. Very few graphic cards, such as the Leadtek WinFast VR300, are a 3.3V only AGP card but includes a "1.5V notch" golden finger. An abnormal golden finger such as this will permit AGP card plug into 845/850 mainboard fully, burning the chipset and damaging the mainboard. Some graphic cards have jumpers to switch between AGP 1.5V or 3.3V. Please DO make sure it's jumpered at 1.5V before use on Intel 845/850-based mainboards.

=============================================

You should check the documentation of your card to see whether it is 1.5 or 3.3 Volts

Good luck!

AGP card

I'll wite in german to make things easier

Es gibt nur eine methode um sicher zu sein daB es om ein 3,3 volt karte handeld.. und das ist mit ein volt-meB-geraet.!

Ich habe zuhause einige links dazu..die werde ich spater hinzufuegen..

Bitte achte darauf daB es karten gibt die UNRECHTMAEBIG eine extra "finger" haben.

regards,

Pascal

*smacks lt.* :D HEY GUYS CHEWCK IT OUT!!!! FINALLY GOT TWO YELLOW STARS BY MY NAME UHOH WHAT NOW!!!!

Back