• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I attach a sensor for direct die temp monitoring?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malpine Walis

Disabled
I have just purchased a temperature sensor (this one) so that I can get a clue what my processor temperature is.

However, it comes with no instruction for putting the sensors in my computer.

What I want to do is put it under my heatsink and against the edge of the core. So I would like to hear from anyone who has done this before.

What type of epoxy will I need? Would a spot of AS3 give me a better contact? Does anyone have pics of the process?

There have been long threads on this forum on how to do this, complete with pictures and material recommendations. I think Hoot generated an article on overclockers homepage, and the thread followed. Try a search..Sorry I cant be more specific.

I would also suggest doing a search for prevous posts, but what I did was cut the thermal probe's plastic coating shorter, and just tape the wire so the end of the probe is touching the side of my die.

Don't cut the plastic so that the actual probe is exposed, but cut it very very thin.

Back