• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aqua 1300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

well am just finishing up my watercooling project and have 1 last problem to solve that i need some help with.

i have a via aqua1300 pump 1/2" barbs and a water block with 3/8.

my tubeing is 1/2 outside 3/8 inside.
i got some 1/2 to 3/8 barbs but the tubing wont fit in them.
lemme know (looking for something i can get at a hardware store.

While I haven't found these forums deliver correct and helpful advice (eg. saying parallel rads are a bad idea), I think it I may have a tip for you. I have heard on more than one occasion that putting the tube in hot (maybe boiling) water may do the trick. Ofcourse you may want to put the barb in the freezer also. This should work since you say that the tubing is 3/8" ID and the barb is 3/8" OD.

You don't want the tubing to fit inside them, but over the converters. It should work. That's weird that it doesn't. You could replace the barbs on the waterblock to take them to 1/2". Might work better. Did that with my Swiftech's barbs.

Voodoo Rufus said:
You don't want the tubing to fit inside them, but over the converters. It should work. That's weird that it doesn't. You could replace the barbs on the waterblock to take them to 1/2". Might work better. Did that with my Swiftech's barbs.

i dont think it should fit over (not saying it wont work) but yhe barb i got for has it go from 1/2 to 3/8 then look wh where the tube would go in then the bolt ontop like a clam

am should i could heat up the tube and get in on it then just use a gear clamp.

Back