• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oh crap, i was reformating brothes old hd and i got this error... help quick plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

well i was reformatting this oldish 3.2 gig hd for win xp, and afte rformat this error came up that a bad allocation table 7xx,xxx something i cant remember, well it came wit this long beep that wouldnt stop so i reset comp, now it wont recognize C drive and i created a startup disk on the win xp i have , but it dont have fdisk or anything , where do i get a better one? anyone know how to help me? please!
tnx
max

ok i kinda tried that, and tried to fdisk because it doesnt recognize any c drive and it says the c drive is not present......
could the hd crap out ?

i havent entered the case and 1 hr ago my brother was playin starcraft so the cases have to be properly unless magic moved em...
but this error thing.. could that have screwed my hd up ?

i just tried it with an official win 98 startup disk and no go, the hard drive says no fixed disks present . is there any way to reset the hard drive? when comp boots up it doesnt recognize theres one either.. so.. help

See if you still have the original setup software for the drive, and try to configure it from that.

Lt. Max said:
original soft for drive ?? never heard of that... what is it and where do i get it?
Just to answer your question, most drives come with setup software provided by the drive manufacturer. These often contain the means for a low-level format, and proprietary diagnostic tools.

Back