• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have 1 question about Folding...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antimatter

are the servers down at least once a week like the Seti servers? That's the only thing that is annoying about Seti. So once I get my second (older P3 1ghz) rig running again, I was either going to run Seti or Folding, but was looking at Folding cuz of the Seti servers being down all the time.

The do sometimes go down, but never for very long and also they have several servers, so you can usually get work a few hours later from another server if 1 goes down. I'm glad that you are considering running Folding@Home with us; it's for a great cause and we enjoy the camraderie between all the members here.

servers

I've only been folding for maybe 6 weeks. The servers have gone down maybe 3 or 4 times. Not lately though...

Don't let that deter you from folding! We need a lot of help to stay ahead of team Rage3d. And there are frequent contests perhaps to entice you...

Back