• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lost bookmarks when updating to Netscape 6.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garagedog

Registered
I upgraded from version 4.08 to 6.2 Now my old bookmarks are not showing up in the new version. I can find the old bookmark file but I'm not sure where to put it in the new version of Netscape.
-thanks

ahhh. i would ditch netscape. go to mozilla.org and download mozilla for windows. it looks the same but its better.

You should be able to import the 4.08 bookmarks into the 6.2. Try going to Edit Bookmarks in 6.2 and see if there is import option from the file menu.

should just need to go to program files\netscape\users
inside users should be a folder for each profile u created.
just go to the profile you want to restore your bookmarks to and drag them/copy past them in to replace the default ones

if 6.2 for some reaso has a dif place to keep bookmarks, just bookmark overclockers.com and then do a start\search for "overclockers.com" and you should get the location of stored bookmarks, then replace/overwrite

hope this helps

Back