AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

system pauses...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-16-02, 03:42 PM Thread Starter   #1
alinosa

10 Year Badge

system pauses...

i just got my new stuff and i'm stumped...
I've got an Asus A7V333 w/ RAID, Athlon XP 2100, 256 Samsung 2700, enermax 431W PS, Plextor 40X burner, Maxtor 60gig 7200 RPM, Asus iPanel deluxe, geforce2 MX400, HP nic, using onboard sound, USB 1.1 and 2.0 are installed but not using anything on 2.0 ports, and using stock HSF until watercooling stuff gets here...cpu temps at 59C under load... i know it's terrible but watercooling IS enroute... my problem: my computer stutters every 8 or 9 seconds... the sound, video, mouse anything that can be interrupted noticibly, does get interrupted. i have no idea why... can anyone plesae tell me? oh and btw, i know the vid card sucks, the gainward Ti4400 is RMA'd to the manufacterer right now...and another thing, i've got win xp home.... any help will be greatly appreciated!
alinosa is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 05-26-02, 04:44 PM   #2
klosters64a

Is it possible that the power source you are using has a spike or other departure from spec voltage every 8 or 9 seconds? Can you run a heavy duty extension cord to your box from an outlet that isn't on the same 15A circuit to see if it makes a difference? Are you located near high voltage transmission lines? A Ham radio transmitter or other possible source of trouble?

It's too big to digest and the memory will never fade away. Let our armed response spare as many innocents as is humanly possible. Or reconcile ourselves to reading terrorist attack headlines every day.
klosters64a is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-27-02, 02:28 AM   #3
Oni
Oni-ni-Kanabō
Ninja Hippo eater Moderator

10 Year Badge

Could be your IDE cables. Poor cables might cause that.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 930 @ Stock
12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
Corsair 750 Watt PSU

Oni is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-27-02, 08:39 AM   #4
Dieni

Your problem is for sure the iPanel. I have the basic model, and it was doing the same to me. Go into the bios and disable the autoupdate feature and it will stop.

The thing is that I had the ipanel on my previous A7V266-E and it worked perfectly. Maybe its a bios issue and with an updated driver everything will be fine
Dieni is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-29-02, 12:12 AM   #5
e_8_a_y

hi

its most definatly the IPANEL i got the deluxe and its that it updates every 8 or 16 seconds go to bios and its in there!!!!

under advanced i think?

i like the ipanel but it sucks for doing that surely they could make it work from bios? the bios updates every second on its own!!!

BAD DESIGN!

Chill
e_8_a_y is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards