• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Control Fan Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

Hello, I was wondering if there was an easy, and preferably cheap way to control the speed of the fans running in my case? Any links, names, etc. are greatly appreciated. :)

There is also a program called SpeedFan. Check the list of supported motherboards. If yours is there then you have a pretty nice tool to control those fans conected to the mobo.

Kakao said:
There is also a program called SpeedFan. Check the list of supported motherboards. If yours is there then you have a pretty nice tool to control those fans conected to the mobo.

Can you change the speed just as you like or can that only shut them off?
I saw that the Ali southbridge on the XP333 was supported in that app, does that mean that I can turn the fans off that are connected to motherboard fan headers? (all of them?)

SBeaver,
You can change the speed just as you like for all the fans connected to the mobo or let the program control them automaticaly according to temperature parameters you set. If the southbridge is supported then you have a chance that your mobo implemented the ways to do it. Just try it (freeware) and good luck.

Thanks so much. I am getting a GIGA BYTE board, but I may go for the hardware one. My case is coming with about 5 case fans... :eek: And the computer will be in my room, so I need something easy to turn the fans down at night.

Back