• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek SL-75DRV4 issues!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joeljr

Registered
I recantly bought this board I put in a chip my friend gave me and booted it up I overclocked it using red storm from 950 to 1.083Mhz. I then reboot then start to install winXP I got threw formating and coping system files then went to reboot but the screen just stayed black. I turned of then back on for about 45 minutes still no image on sreen. i then took the chip out and cleaned it with rubbing alchole and put it back in. I then poped out the cmos battery then put it back in to clear bios. booted it up and it worked but this time I didnt overclock and left every thing at stock and it seemed to work steady for the 3 hoursI had it on. when I get the chip It had resadue from old thermal greace and the person who I got it from said they conected the L1 and L2 with pencil led but wasnt sure he got it all off and I didnt look before I put It, anyway I cleaned It after my comp crashed and it worked like I said anyways could that be the problem or is it something else?

It may have been the temps from running at that speed if you heatsink/fan isnt good enough or it could have been a lack of voltage to the cpu (the higher you OC the more Vcore you need and the more Vcore you add the higher the temps go). it could also be that the power supply doesnt have enough watts to power your system while OC'd.

I hope you put some new thermal compound on that cpu before you put the heatsink/fan on. post back with your temps/voltages (CPU Vcore and the +5V line, you should see it in your bios) and the heatsink/fan that you are using if you want some better advice.

But this only happened the once while overclocked right? at stock speeds you are stable?

Back