• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When you trash the work folder...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
When you delete the work folder does it download a new WU or the same WU?

I ask because I just noticed Clan WS has a 4.37 average points/WU... much higher than the typical 2-2.5 points/WU that most members have. If you're at the comp when a WU is finished can you just keep trashing WU's until you get a 5-pointer?

That's a nice way to get more production if so. Although I think it sort of cheats the F@H project. Still occaisional use of the tactic might be good for the team....

Guess I'll let Clan ws go up the ranks some more and see if the points/WU average out before I say, "hey! that's not fair!"

If you can it's probably not easy. I think that they distribute the loads on the servers in such a way that you will continually get the same type of protein. Not 100% positive on that, but that's how my machines seem to have been behaving.
The windows systems I have, with the exception of a short stint with the 700 series, have been getting almost all proteinA variants. The linux systems I have are getting 700's only, but then that may be true of all linux systems right now.

WU's

That's what I thought. Because my roommate's 933 PIII folds 10x slower than it should. I tried deleting the 5-pointers because it would've take 2 or even 3 weeks to complete them, but I kept getting the same protein A's and Anat's.

Guess some people are just lucky...

No accusation intended.

have you tried dumping the core_65? It shouldnt'take 2 to 3 weeks for a p3 933 to complete a protein A unless it's only on for a few hours a day or unless he games on it constantly or unless something else is using the cycles. There may be some other problem that is causing that or it could be a bad core.

problem PIII

I reinstalled F@H, and tried both versions, several times in an attempt to correct the problem. It will not Fold well at all. My 500 Mhz celeron laptop runs circles around it.

Of course I constantly tell him its HP crap and he should get new hardware and a new version of Windows for it as the Win ME installation is at least 1 1/2 years old.

I closed all the stuff I could out of the task manager (there wasn't really much in there) and I used ME's monitor to verify the cpu was at 100%. Finally I just gave up.

Folding seems to be the only major problem, although his PC is buggy sometimes and there's always a registry error when he starts up.

1 more go

As far as that p3 is concerned...

I figured what the hey and tried one more time. Installed client. Deleted core65.exe Rebooted and closed unecessary stuff. Now it's trying to download a new core65 and it keeps hacving an error and retrying. I don'y want to stop my machines and copy the file. So I'm going to look for a thread where a new core65.exe was posted a couple of weeks back...

On another note... I can't network with his computer either and he can't network with mine. I'm no netwroking gurur, but everything they need to do it is installed and all the machines have a couple of common usernames.

core65

I got it from the old thread. Its folding a gnra Pfold right now. I'll check it in 20 minutes or so and see if its completed a frame. Thanks for the foot work though. Know how long a frame should take on a PIII 933?

I just checked a GNRA pfold 314 on my P3 1000 laptop and it did a frame in an avg. of 245 secs, according to foldmonitor, using the 2.43 core. I don't imagine that it is any faster than a P3 933 desktop system because it runs on a 100 fsb.

WooHoo!!!!

Yes 4/50 in about 15 minutes!!!! I could've sworn I did the exact same troubleshoot 10 times 2 weeks ago when I first tried F@H on his computer and it still folded slower than molasses. Chalk up another 933 Mhz for team 32! And let's all have a :beer:

P3

well it was folding alright at the start, but now its slowed down to about 13 minutes per frame on the Pfold. My celeron 500 laptop is doing the same protein at 7.5 minutes per frame.:mad:

No new programs have been launched. I wonder why its so slowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Back