• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two different tempurture readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gtsimmo

Okay I wasnt sure where to post this so oh well.

Anyway, when I run SisSandra CPU info it tells me my Cpu temp at 34 deg and on the program that came with my mobo (ITE Smart Gaurdian) it reads 43 deg. This temp reflects, with Folding@home running, 100% cpu load. Which is right?

I would believe the program that came with your mb before I would Sandra, in your case. I've run into that problem with Sandra on another mb, was reading some totally erronous temp reading.

yeah i guess your right, 34 seems really low @ 100% cpu load. 43 seems reasonable enough. I'm dreading the hot california summer, it's probably gonna weck havok on my system temp and maybe even stability

Summer heat

I've already clocked back by 103 Mhz here in sunny Austin, Tx. Even when I crank the AC, it's hard to keep the room temp below 80F.

Running @ 1.53 Ghz

well, it's starting to get hotter in southern cali. I been to Texas (San Antonio) and it was hot and cold. Man the weather changes alot there. I also remember the wind chills....grrrr

The program that came with your mobo probably has a compensation built into it due to the poor readings from the misconfigured thermistor.

Flamed chip i saw that we were neck neck in the folding stat for the last couple of days. but your numbers havent gone up for a couple of days, and i moved up on you. What's going on man? Fold on

Sorry, I blew out my router machine so I've had no internet, so I couldn't get any WU's :( But I'm back now, Just about to turn in a 5 pointer :p

Back