• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cooler for GeForce4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They are not much better than stock cooling. And they are thermaltake, so I would never put it in my computer. Get something worth buying like a Cooljag cooler. Much better cooling and worth the money.

Doesnt look much better than stock if you ask me, and probably overpriced. And you can just get your own ram sinks.

Its a complete waste of money. But if you wanna waste it, its yours to waste. I see you wasted money on a Willie, so its not much different:cool: lol. I wouldnt even waste my time looking at Thermaltake products. Youll soon realize that. I thought they were decent, until I actually owned a couple of them. Now I will not even put them into my computer. Infact I am fixing to get rid of the Crystal orb I have on my video car.
d.

It looks very similar to stock to me except for the transparent top cover on the heatsink. Anyway it looks like a waste of money(as are most Tt products) so I'll just stick with my CPU heatsink for video card cooling.

i cant be so sure about its crap or not. you know msi has got to cool down the ti4600 better than any other due to a more powerful fan. lets wait and see how well the beast will perform, im expecting some cool numbers.

u seriously think that thermaltake sucks. i got a thermaltake dragon orb p4 and its awesome. no probs whatsoever.

army_man said:
u seriously think that thermaltake sucks. i got a thermaltake dragon orb p4 and its awesome. no probs whatsoever.

Yeah I do. You could have spent the same money on a Thermalright AX478 and has twice the cooling. But like I said, no amount of cooling is going to make that willy better.

its all copper, i would think it would perform quite well.,...not as well as a custom heatsink mod, but for most people other than us ocers, this thing would be just fine...

funnyperson1 said:
its all copper, i would think it would perform quite well.,...not as well as a custom heatsink mod, but for most people other than us ocers, this thing would be just fine...

Yah, but for non overclockers stock cooling is fine.

actually, copper heatsinks for video cards are not very good, because the fans do not move enough air...the thing with copper, if you dont have a really high cfm fan to keep the air moving then it wont work well....thats why sk6's need a high speed fan to perform well. thats why the alpha 8045 works really well with low cfm fans...its mostly alum.

what is a good fan that can replace the stock fan on Pny Verto Geforce 4 ti 4400 that actually fits into the holes. i am not in the mood to do modding at the moment

Nothing besides a 1U cooler will do better and you will have to mod it to fit...... I say stay with the stock cooling.

A gf3 -> gf4 converter would be nice... just a copper plate with mounting holes to screw in the old one on one side and pegs for the gf4 on the other. I have a gf1/2/3 waterblock that I would really like to use on my GF4.

If someone out there has the tools to machine something like that out of copper, I'd pay ya a few bucks plus materials. :)

Back