• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios flash tool for windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fist

anyone knows of an award bios flasher for windows ?

i know asus has some utility that flashes the bios from win in 2secs

so does anyone know of a general award flash tool or has anyone tried the asus tool with other boards ? (my 4bda2+ is on it's way)

don't you just hate booting to dos using a floppy drive ? =)

I would never in my lifetime, or another, trust a BIOS flash that depended on the stability of a Windows platform.

I'll do it by DOS and love every minute of it.

lol, although i understand you i think that windows will survive the 3 secs of biosflashing

well I never had a problem with the asus util and have used it several times

Since it is truly on 3 seconds of your time, doing it from DOS is no big deal, and is the only way I would do it. I don't doubt that Windows could handle the 3 seconds, but I just feel more comfortable doing it in a single-tasking environment, where the BIOS updater can have exclusive access to the system.

A lot of the newer mobos don't even require you to boot from the disk. Like mine, you hit F2 while it's booting and it will start loading the bios file off the floppy. No big deal there.

Back