• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Viper V770 heatsink, can it come off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

I have a Diamond Vipper V770 with the original heatsink of the GPU. Is there any way to get this thing off? It looks like it's on there with some white stuff. It's on good though. I just got a blue orb and want to put that on. Let me know if anyone knows how to get it off. Thanx.
Chris.

As I have just learned. You can put it in a paper bag and stick it in the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Then use a credit card to pry the heatsink off. I used my hands though.

Put it in a anti-static bag, put it in the freezer for 20 mins, should pop right off. If not then after the freezing using a credit card/screw driver to pop it off.

Edit: Beat me to it

Yodums said:
Make sure you use an anti static bag but what they mentioned works.

Yes that’s true. I was told to use a paper bag, but now that you mention it, it does make more sense to use a anti static bag instead. The paper bag I used worked for me though. ;)

Back