• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kt7a-raid & Winxp Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NAC NAC

Registered
Hi,
I upgraded my O/S to XP last nite from WIN98.
Now, I've got my RAID controller & Soundblaster & NIC card & USB all stuck on the same IRQ (4).
I think it is dragging all systems down. My RAID 0 is running at 1/3rd it's capability.
How can I change the IRQ for the raid controller to another IRQ in my BIOS SETUP.
I hate to have to start over with a teardown & reformat with hardware/software installs.
Is there a way to get around it - - can I reassign a IRQ w/o shootin the darn thing to pieces.
I guess I should have stayed with WIN98.

Thanks for the HELP!!!

Michael

WXP has a problem with mass storage controllers, SCSI & RAID, & will include a patch for the problem in their upcoming service pack.

Thanks Sonny,

Are you by any chance running XP, or have you heard of this BS problem from others that have pulled this boner? Is there a site you could lead me to that has more info on this BS?

Not only has it decreased my RAID, I lost a whole bunch of saved E-MAIL folders. I found some of it, but I can't find EMAIL folders that were sub-folders.

I have always had at least two items on IRQ4, but all of the sudden, XP wants to put 7 items on IRQ4 - soundcard, (2)USB's, AGP vid card, RAID controller, ACPI, NIC card.

I'd say that's a little over kill!!!

Plus the RAID 0 has dropped by 1/3rd.

The links should be on the front page of this site. Also look around the storage section of the forums for more info.

I have not installed it on my system but have had experience with it already but not enought to help anyone with it.

Back